CIRCULAR FABRIC STANDARD
Sustainable – but different and better
Sustainability means much more than just a trend for Fabric House. Sustainability has always been at the core of our business model.
Our Circular Fabrics are a reflection of nature: everything is a cycle, bringing high quality designer fabrics, which would otherwise be destroyed, back into the fashion industry. Our Circular Fabric Standard provides a second chance to premium fabrics coming from overproduction and dead-stock of prestigious brands, whose names are never disclosed.
Our customers can trust our sourcing strategy based on a tasteful selection of precious fabrics mostly of Italian origin. All our reliable partners operate in accordance to international chemical restrictions and comply with our ethical code of conduct. To ensure reliability and transparency every incoming fabric undergoes a detailed inspection that guarantees all quality related information is correct and traceable in our system.
Our Circular Fabrics are better for the environment than any other sustainably certified fabric: zero resource consumption, zero emissions, zero disposal, and minimal energy use. Every year we are saving 500,000m of fabric. This equals the linear distance from Munich to Berlin. We are very proud of that!
Our CIRCULAR FABRIC STANDARD (CFS) has been drafted in conformity with ISO 14021.
With all these efforts in terms of sustainability, one thing is certainly not forgotten at Fabric House and that is fashion. We follow cutting-edge innovations by altering already existing fabrics that we saved through Creative Modification. This is much more sustainable than producing them from scratch.
This way we are always up-to-date on sustainability and in fashion. The Circular Fabric Standard certification applies to all our Circular Fabrics from overproduction, which underwent a creative process of modification, for example finishing, dyeing, upstyling, etc.
For the Creative Modification we rely solely on a network of trustworthy partners. All processes of upstyling are made without any use of harmful substances, in compliance with the ZDHC requirements
This way every year more than 110 tons of fabrics re-enter the fashion industry thanks to our circular approach, giving them new value and satisfying thousands of customers around the world.
SUSTAINABLY PRODUCED FABRICS
Fabric House also offers a selection of production fabrics with the following sustainability certifications:
- LENZING CERTIFIED TENCEL™ ⁄⁄ LYOCELL FIBERS ARE KNOWN FOR THEIR COMFORTABLE FEEL AND NON-POLLUTANT CLOSED LOOP PRODUCTION PROCESS ⁄⁄ RESOURCE EFFICIENT TECHNOLOGIES ⁄⁄ CHARACTERISTICS: SOFT TOUCH, BREATHABLE, ENDURING SILKNESS ⁄⁄
- OEKO-TEX® STANDARD 100 ⁄⁄ ONE OF THE WORLD´S BEST-KNOWN LABELS FOR TEXTILES TESTED FOR HARMFUL SUBSTANCES ⁄⁄ STRICT CRITERIA AND CERTIFIED THROUGH INDEPENDENT TEST INSTITUTES ⁄⁄ GLOBAL STANDARD AND ANNUAL UPDATES BASED ON THE LATEST SCIENTIFIC INFORMATION AND STATUTORY REQUIREMENTS ⁄⁄
- EUROPEAN FLAX STANDARD®⁄⁄ THE GUARANTEE OF TRACEABILITY FOR PREMIUM LINEN FIBER GROWN IN WESTERN EUROPE ⁄⁄ NATURAL, SUSTAINABLE FIBERS, CULTIVATED WITHOUT IRRIGATION AND GMO FREE ⁄⁄ WEARING PROPERTIES: THERMOREGULATING, MOISTURE MANAGING, COMFORTABLE AND ANALLERGENIC ⁄⁄
- GLOBAL ORGANIC TEXTILE STANDARD (GOTS)⁄⁄ ADVOCATES FOR A TRUSTWORTHY ESG FRIENDLY TEXTILE PRODUCTION ⁄⁄ 70% ORGANICALLY PRODUCED NATURAL FIBERS ⁄⁄
- GLOBAL RECYCLED STANDARD (GRS) ⁄⁄ CERTIFIES THAT THE FABRIC CONSISTS OF AT LEAST 50% VERIFIED RECYCLED MATERIAL ⁄⁄ THE EXACT SHARE OF RECYCLED MATERIAL IS DETECTABLE ⁄⁄ TRANSPARENCY IN THE WHOLE SUPPLY CHAIN ⁄⁄ IMPOSES CRITERIA OF SOCIAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RESPECT ⁄⁄
- ORGANIC CONTENT STANDARD (OCS)⁄⁄ WORLDWIDE LEADING TEXTILE PROCESSING STANDARD FOR ORGANIC FIBRES ⁄⁄ CERTIFIES A VERIFIED ORGANIC CONTENT OF 95-100% ⁄⁄ TRANSPARENCY OF RAW MATERIAL FROM SOURCE TO THE FINAL PRODUCT ⁄⁄
OUR NEXT PROJECT
One of our most important goal is: to develop an eco-friendly packaging, which also protects the fabrics in the best possible way.
More than 10,000 fabrics are
immediately available online
Showrooms in Munich,
Düsseldorf, London and Prato
We are present at events
all over Europe
OUR CIRCULAR FABRIC STANDARD
Our Circular Fabrics are a reflection of nature: everything is a cycle. Whether they are the result of an overproduction, or the remains of high-end designer creations that would otherwise have to be destroyed, our Circular Fabric Standard is a second chance for these precious fabrics.